Skip to main content

Chemical or Physical Sunscreen??

 Hey guys!!

Thought I would continue the topic of Sunscreen for 1 last post. 

In your search for the best Sunscreen you may ask, which type of sunscreen will be best for your skin type? Physical or Chemical Sunscreen? What is the difference between the two??

Physical Sunscreen

  1. This Sunscreen is like a shield, it sits on top of the skin, and reflects the sun's rays.
  2. The active ingredients are Zinc Oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide.
  3. It is best for sensitive skin types.
  4. It is a mineral based sunscreen.
  5. This formulation tends to leave a white cast, but there are some that will not do that.
  6. It is a thicker texture so it needs more effort to rub in.
  7. Safe for babies and pregnancy.
  8. Can rub off easily so reapplication is definitely necessary.
  9. It becomes effective right away after application.
  10. It can be heavy under makeup because of the thick texture.

Chemical Sunscreen

  1. This Sunscreen works like a sponge meaning it absorbs the sun's rays into the skin, converts the rays into heat, and releases them from the body.
  2. This formulation is easier to rub into the skin without leaving a white cast.
  3. The active ingredients are Oxybenzone, Avobenzone, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Homosalate, and Octinoxate. 
  4. It is a thinner, spreadable texture.
  5. It is reef safe which means that it is safe for the environment.
  6. It becomes effective in 20 minutes after application
  7. It can be irritating to the skin and can sting your eyes if any gets in them.
  8. It can clog pores and can increase breakouts on acne prone skin.

You can choose whichever one you like as long as you use it daily and reapply throughout the day. My favorite sunscreen of the moment is the Face Prime and Protect Tinted SPF 40 and it looks good underneath makeup.

Those are the differences between those two types of Sunscreen. Which one do you think you will consider in trying?? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Hey guys!!! I saw a review on YouTube on a new mascara and after seeing that I really wanted to try it out. I went and bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in waterproof. I LOVE the Maybelline The Rocket mascara and it is my holy grail, but I always love trying other mascaras and see if it is as good or even better than The Rocket.  I really love the wand because I am able to reach the lashes in my inner corner. One important thing to me in a mascara is if the waterproof formula will keep my lashes curled all day without them falling. I am happy to say that my curl stay up all day with this mascara. This is my second Maybelline mascara that I have tried and I am noticing that if I didn't have a good makeup remover it would be really hard to remove.  This mascara gave me a little bit of length and good volume. I like to build up my mascaras and this will make my lashes clumpy after the second coat and I don't like the look.. Sometimes even if I am ...

Elizabeth Arden Giveaway

Hey guys!!! The other day I realized it has been a year since I started blogging. I would like to thank you guys for your support and I wasn't sure how to show my appreciation. A few weeks back Influenster sent me an email telling me that they were sending me a Elizabeth Arden skin care set and I thought why not give them away. There are going to be two winners. First winner will get the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Caplet Serum, Eye Gel, and Moisture Cream. Second winner will win a sample of the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Caplet Serum.(will add picture of it tomorrow) If you want to win just do the following: Elizabeth Arden Giveaway Hope you guys enter the giveaway and love the products I am giving away. Good luck guys!!

100 Bloglovin Followers Giveaway

Hey guys!! I honestly never thought I would even reach these many followers or not even 10 followers. I don't think I am that interesting or even a good writer, but the support of my bf and my friends and of course all of you all motivates me to continue. I would to thank everyone for your support and I hope you guys love this giveaway. The NYX eyeshadow trio and the Pacifica eyeshadow dou was only swatched and I never put them on my eyes. I will sanitize it before sending it out. Other than that nothing else was used or touched by me. Also my friend Brittany is going to send me some Mary Kay samples for you guys and if you ever have any questions you can contact her through here . Thanks again girl!! I might be adding a couple more things that I will keep a secret! I hope you will have fun trying out these new products!! Thank you guys so much for supporting me it means so much to me and GOOD LUCK!! a Rafflecopter giveaway