Skip to main content

MKGLam VoxBox Review

Hey guys!!!

I recently received these Mary Kay products complimentary for testing purposes by Influenster and I was so excited!! I wanted to try some out especially I always see my mom always using their skin care and lipsticks!!


You see all the products I got??!! Ain't it exciting??!! My friend Brittany was just as excited as me because she just recently became a Mary Kay Consultant!!!! Well anyways on to the products I received!

Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara

I hear great things about Mary Kay mascaras, BUT since this one isn't waterproof I didn't even try this mascara. I need waterproof because if not the curl will fall back down and I don't want that. I will give this away in a future giveaway on this blog.

Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush

This blush is really gorgeous!! It is a peachy pink with a golden sheen to it. I honestly don't think one needs to highlight their cheekbones when you wear this because it gives you such a beautiful glow and I love it! I feel like this is a dupe to a high end blush, but I can't think of it! (I know I suck haha.)

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush

This brush is amazing to blend out a cream eyeshadow. I used to use my fingers in the pot and then I found out that you could be putting bacteria in there by using your fingers!! Now with this brush I don't have to use my fingers at all and I'm happy about that haha. It also blends out concealer well. I am very happy to have this brush in my collection.

Mary Kay Powder Brush

I use this powder brush to bronze up my skin instead of powder since I already have my favorite powder brush. I am loving this brush, BUT the only thing I hate is that everytime I clean it a lot of the hairs go down the sink. I hate that since now I don't know how long this brush will last me.

Mary Kay Translucent Powder
I am going to start with the packaging. I love the fact that this is actually very travel friendly. Last time I traveled I had to take my other loose powder that I own and its such a mess now I have to be careful when I open it now. This one it actually has a closing top so it won't be messy. Great job Mary Kay on the packaging. Now on to the actual product inside. My make-up lasts all day and I haven't noticed a white cast on my face with this. 

Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Mango Tango

I'm not a big lip gloss fan because in the past a lot of them have really dried up my lips. I was still excited to try it out regardless. I am in loovveee!!! It is a pretty orange red color with some shimmer, but it doesn't really show up when you put it on your lips. It is really pigmented and most importantly for me it doesn't dry my lips even after it fades. This lasts about 2 hours till it starts fading, but that's expected since it is a lip gloss. Maybe if I put it on top of a lipstick it will last longer. I honestly don't mind re-applying whenever it is necessary it's just too pretty haha.

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist


I am a big fan of cream eye shadows so when I saw this in the box I was excited to try out a new one!! I love to use cream eye shadows as a base for powder shadows so my eye make-up can pop even more and last even longer. I also used it on its own and it lasted on my lid all day even after going outside with the kids at work. The swatch on the picture doesn't do it justice it's really gorgeous in person. Whenever you use a cream shadow make sure you let it set before you add shadows on top of it. That will ensure that it won't crease throughout the day.

Mary Kay Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium


I am not a huge fan of this bronzer at all and I was really sad I really wanted to love it. The reason I don't love it is because of the shimmer. I am into a matte bronzer, but the only way I will use this is if I use a matte blush otherwise that will be waayyyy too much shimmer going on with this and shimmery blush.

Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black


I have never used gel eyeliner so I thought "this is going to be interesting." It came with a little brush, but it wasn't a good one for me to use for gel eyeliner. It was so bad that I lost it haha oops!! It was kinda hard to do at first, but after a second time it was easier. Once this sets on your eyelid it doesn't budge at all and it stayed on all day. Only thing I didn't like was that it is not as black as I would like so I had to put on a second layer to get it as intense as I like it.

Overall I really enjoyed trying out all these products and I hope to one day in the future to try out a couple more products. Here is a look I created with a couple of these products:


Thank you Influenster for giving me the opportunity to try out these products!! I really enjoyed it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What is the difference between Chemical & Physical Exfoliants??

 Hey guys!! What is exfoliation for? Your skin regenerates every 28 days or so and sun exposure and aging slows that process down. That is where exfoliation is key. It removes dead skin cells, brighten your skin complexion, and fades acne scars.  Getting rid of your dead skin cells is very important because it can help prevent bacteria, dirt, and sweat from getting stuck underneath the skin's surface. It can also help prevent and treat acne and inflamed pores.  What type of exfoliations are there? There are two types of exfoliations. Physical and Chemical. Physical Exfoliation Physical exfoliation is my least favorite and I do not recommend. Here is why. Physical exfoliant products uses micro-sized grains, beads, and particles to remove dead skin cells. Basically anything that scrubs at your skin like tiny granules. It is made of coffee grounds, walnut shell powder, sugar, rice, and salt. Other examples of physical exfoliation are a cleansing brush, a konjac sponge, a cloth, and a