Skip to main content

July 2015 Empties

Hey guys!!!

I have been using up a lot of things lately and it was time to do another post before it gets to be too much. I will be showing you what I used up and what I think of each product.




  • Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser- As always this will be in my empties because it is my favorite spot cleaning product for my brushes. It cleans them very well and it lasts me a while.
  • Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo & Conditioner- I honestly hated these products on my hair because it made my hair feel gross and brittle. I will not be buying these products since I received them in my February Birchbox. 
  • Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion- This was a nice moisturizer and felt nice on the skin, but it wasn't moisturizing enough. I also received this in my February Birchbox and I won't be buying this one.
  • Fekkai PrX Reparatives Intense Fortifying Masque- I loved this mask! It left my hair feeling soft and smooth and it looked healthy. I will eventually purchase this on my own since I received this in my March Birchbox! Thank you Birchbox for this awesome product!
  • Amika Nourishing Mask- This was an okay mask. I don't think it did much for my hair at all. I received this in my November 2014 Birchbox and I will not be buying this one.
  • WEI Manuka Bee Venom Mask- This mask was okay it didn't wow me. It was moisturizing for sure, but not life changing enough for me to go out and purchase this. I will stick to my Origins Overnight Mask for that. I received this in my April Birchbox.
  • Maybelline Color Tatto in Inked in Pink- This was one of my first color tattos that I bought and I loved it to death. I was more than halfway done with this and it dried up. I will most likely repurchase this one day.
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara- I enjoyed this mascara, but not on its own. I would use this first then another mascara because it does give some volume and length, but not enough for me. The waterproof formula does keep the curl up. It did clump easily if I wasn't careful with it. I probably won't repurchase this one because I am still trying out different mascaras so I can see which ones I love. 
  • BeeKind Shampoo- I hate this shampoo. It didn't lather and my hair felt hard(that is the best way to describe it). I will not be buying this one on my own I received this in my March Birchbox. I have been looking for a more natural shampoo, but no luck.
  • NYC Sunny Bronzer- I really loved this bronzer and I really recommend any beginner to start off with this one. It is not too pigmented so you can build this one up little by little. Only thing is that I had hit major pan and it just broke on me. Does that happen to you guys?? I might purchase this eventually I have to get through the bronzers that I have first.
  • Body Shop Body Butter- I bought this product during Christmas time during an awesome sale and I actually bought 3. I am almost done with the second one now. These are worth the money though just because it does last you a long time. I will repurchase this product eventually gotta get through a few body butters first.
  • Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (24-Hour Miracle Cream)- I was really excited to get this product in my March Birchbox because I have heard great things about it. Back when I tried this I loved it so much that I had to buy a full size at IMATS, but I haven't started using it yet because I am finishing up my night time moisturizer. Soon I will start using it.
  • Clinique All About Eyes Rich- This was a great eye cream, but something about it wasn't good enough for me. It really moisturized my under eye and nothing was wrong with it. It did its job, but......something was missing. I am trying a new eye cream and I think it is my holy grail cream. I will keep you guys updated.
Those are all the things I have used up. What have you guys used up recently??  
I have found a couple of holy grail products and I can't wait to share with you guys this week what they are. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What are BHA's??

 Hey guys!!! The other day I spoke about AHA's and the different types of AHA's and now it is BHA's.  BHA's(Beta Hydroxy Acids) can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It is oil-soluble so it allows it to penetrate deep into the pores and gently breaks up blockages that clogs your pores. That will help with lessening your acne and less visible pores. If you have blackheads, on your nose especially, it can help getting rid of them without damaging your skin like the Biore pore strips do. Also prevents new ones from forming. It could also help with Keratosis Pilaris(KP) in body washes or even body lotions/butters. BHA's are good for all skin types, but especially oily, acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid Salicylic Acid is the most well known out of all of them. It helps reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping the pores clear. It helps with mild acne, blackheads and whiteheads, can help prevent future breakouts.  Tropic Acid, Tret