Skip to main content

January 2015 Empties

Hey guys!!!

I have used up more products and now I want to show you what I used up and let you guys know what I think of it and if I will repurchase them.




  • Acure Day Cream- I received this in my Birchbox s couple months ago and it is supposed to be for your face, but I used it for my hands. It was really moisturizing and I would put it on overnight so it can sink into my skin. I will not be repurchasing this.
  • The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Serum-  I am in search of a good serum so I decided to try this one out. It was okay I didn't notice any major difference on my skin. It didn't moisturize as much as I wanted it to. I will not be repurchasing this.
  • Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation- I really loved the finish of this foundation and I actually bought a new one, but I recently have been noticing my pores more and more and I feel like this foundation is sinking into my pores now. I most likely will not repurchase another one once I am finished with it unfortunately.
  • NYX HD Photogenic Concealer- This concealer had good coverage, but it really creased on my really bad even if I set it. I will not be repurchasing this.
  • Almay Liquid Eyeliner- This was my holy grail eyeliner for a long time in brown and black, but I discovered a better liner. If you have watery eyes this isn't a good eyeliner since it is not waterproof. It will definitely smudge and if you don't this is a nice liner. I will not be repurchasing this.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil- I received the color Black Velvet in an Ipsy bag and I wasn't very impressed. I was impressed on how black it was and how smooth it glide on on my waterline, but it didn't last long for me. I would have to touch up at least once while I was out and about maybe even twice depending on how long I was out. I have watery eyes and this liner didn't hold up well with it. I will not be purchasing this.
  • Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream- I did enjoy this eye cream, but it didn't really wow me or give me any amazing results. It did brighten up my under eyes a little bit and it did depuff my eyes, but I started noticing that it didn't moisturize it enough. It was close to being holy grail at one point. I do wish it did moisturize more so it could have been holy grail, but oh well. I am trying out a new one now. 
  • L'OREAL Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara- I was really hoping to love this mascara, but even though it was waterproof my curl would not hold at all. I did love the volume and length that it gave my lashes, but because of my stubborn lashes I couldn't love this. I will not be repurchasing this.
  • ELF Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara- For $1 this brow gel is amazing, but if you have crazy brow hairs it is not going to set them down. This product does help your brows last all day. I will not be repurchasing this cause of my crazy brow hairs.
  • Figs & Rouge Hand Cream- I received it in my Ipsy bag, but this was not a good hand cream in my opinion. It didn't moisturize my hands enough I would have to squeeze 3 times in order for it to feel moisturizing. I will not be purchasing this.
  • Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths- I received this in the same Ipsy bag as the hand cream and these cleansing cloths were actually very moist and it didn't break me out that one time I used it on my face. I used most of it to remove swatches off my hand and arm. I will not purchase. 
  • Harvey Prince Hello Perfume- I received this in my Birchbox and it was a nice perfume while I had it. It only lasted me a week,  I will not purchase this just because I have more than enough perfumes in my collection at the moment.
  • Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelletes- I really did enjoy these wipes when I would remove my makeup off my face with these, but I stopped using wipes a couple months ago and now I only use them to remove swatches off my hand and arm. I will always repurchase them.
Those are all the products I used up!! What products have you guys been using up??
Next couple of posts will be my December Favorites and Yearly Favorites so keep a lookout for those this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What are BHA's??

 Hey guys!!! The other day I spoke about AHA's and the different types of AHA's and now it is BHA's.  BHA's(Beta Hydroxy Acids) can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It is oil-soluble so it allows it to penetrate deep into the pores and gently breaks up blockages that clogs your pores. That will help with lessening your acne and less visible pores. If you have blackheads, on your nose especially, it can help getting rid of them without damaging your skin like the Biore pore strips do. Also prevents new ones from forming. It could also help with Keratosis Pilaris(KP) in body washes or even body lotions/butters. BHA's are good for all skin types, but especially oily, acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid Salicylic Acid is the most well known out of all of them. It helps reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping the pores clear. It helps with mild acne, blackheads and whiteheads, can help prevent future breakouts.  Tropic Acid, Tret