Skip to main content

2014 Beauty Favorites

Hey guys!!!

Time for my Yearly Favorites!! This is going to be a long post so I will start right away! I will not only be doing my beauty favorites, but also my favorite beauty girls to watch on YouTube.




  1. I didn't take a picture of it, but my most favorite face primer this year was the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. I love how this hydrates my skin and how long my foundation lasts with this product. I have found the perfect hrydating priner and  it is now time to find a good primer for my pores.
  2. My most used foundation this year especially for everytime I traveled is my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation. It lasts all day and I don't have to worry about my nieces or nephews getting any transfer if they or their clothes touch my face. It also looks beautiful in photos.
  3. This year I discovered a couple of makeup brands that I fell in love with. Influenster sent me a box full of Mary Kay products and I fell in love with the brand. I love every single thing I got in that box. One that I used most of the year is the Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black. This is an easy gel liner to work with it applies smoothly and lasts all day. My other favorite eyeliners is Mary Kay At Bold Fluid Eyeliner line especially the color Real Teal. These liners once you put them on they will NOT budge and it is difficult to remove. You have to use an oil based remover in order for it to come off. 
  4. I also love the Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss in Mango Tango. I tried to find it on the website, but I could't find it. The formula of this lip gloss is not too sticky and really pigmented. It lasts on my lips for a couple of hours and most importantly it doesn't dry out my lips at all. Now for skin care I have loved the Mary Kay Clearproof Acne Treatment Gel. I have some skin issues right now, but it slowly going away thanks to this product. Like I said before I love everything I have tried from Mary Kay so far, but I didn't want to add it all in this blog post it would be waaayyyy to long.
  5. The second makeup brand that I fell in love with this year is Makeup Geek!! I have tried her eyeshadows, one blush, a couple of pigments, and one brush. I even had to buy her limited edition vegas lights palette and it didn't disappoint me. I have LOVED LOVED LOVED everything I have gotten. Everything is really pigmented, blendable, and easy to work with. I can't wait to see what else she comes out with this year so I can give her my money haha. Recently I got the new foiled eyeshadows and I will be reviewing them soon. 
  6. My holy grail eyeshadow palette is the ItsJudyTime eyeshadow palette from bh cosmetics. This is the best neutral palette ever. It is really pigmented and easy to blend. This was limited edition so when I found out it was gonna be discontinued I bought a backup. 
  7. A highlighter that I used the most this past year thanks to Shaaanxo on Youtube is Benefit Watt's Up. It is such a pretty champagne highlight and a little goes a long way. I have the sample size and I feel like it hasn't went down at all. It lasts a long time on the cheeks. I also love to top it off with a powder highlighter. 
  8. My favorite bronzer to use is this past year was the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. This is very blendable, and very pigmented so you have to be careful with this one. If you apply too much it can look muddy. Most importantly it smells like chocolate! 
  9. My other most favorite gel eyeliner is the LORAC PRO Cream Eyeliner in Plum. This is really creamy, applies smoothly, and lasts all day. My eyes love to water and this didn't budge. 
  10. My top favorite mascara was the Maybelline The Rocket mascara. I didn't have it for a couple of months and when I finally repurchased it I was happy to have it back. I been loving topping it off with the Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara. This is my holy grail combo and I will definitely be purchasing the full size of the Laura Mercier mascara.
  11. My holy grail liquid eyeliner is the Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper. This lasts all day, easy to use, pigmented, and is able to handle my watery eyes whenever my allergies act up. I have tried lots of pencil eyeliners for my waterline this past year, but the only one that stood out to me is the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto. This doesn't last all day on my waterline, but it doesn't smudge even when my eyes watered and one time I cried with it and it didn't scroll down my cheek. It was very impressive.
  12. My favorite eyeshadows from the drugstore are the L'OREAL Infallible Eyeshadows especially the shade Amber Rush. These are like pressed pigments you can use them either wet or dry. They are very pigmented, blendable, and easy to work with. 
  13. I fell in love with the Origins Super Spot Remover when I used to get one or 2 pimples every once in a while before my skin decided to act up horribly. This thing is amazing. It is a tiny tube thing, but a little goes a long way and I would put it on at night before bed. The next day the pimple would have shrunken dramatically. 
  14. My favorite eye makeup remover was the Clinique Take The Day Off For Lids, Lashes, and Lips. This removes 95% of your eye makeup with one cotton round. 
  15. My favorite white base to brighten up my colored shadows is the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Just make sure you don't apply too much and blend it out well if not it will crease.
  16. I been loving setting my undereyes with the Laura Mercier Invinsible Loose Setting Powder
  17. My favorite tools to apply my makeup has been all of the Real Techniques brushes like for example the blush brush, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, and all of my ELF brush. I have been loving the ELF Studion Line brushes especially the small tapered face brush.
Lip Products
  1. One of my most favorite lipsticks from the drugstore that I used a lot this year is the NYX Matte Lipsticks. I have Eden and Sweet Pink. This is moisturizing and lasts about 4 hours on me and it still looks good after you reapply.
  2.  My other favorite lipsticks from the drugstore is the Wet N Wild Fergie Creme Lipsticks. My favorite one is Ferguson Crest Cabernet. It is moisturizing, highly pigmented, and lasts a good while on my lips. It does leave a little stain on my lips after it wears off.
  3. I received this on my October Ipsy bag and I fell in love with it. It is the City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Capuccino. This formula is moisturizing, pigmented and it lasts 4-5 hours on my lips. Just like the other lippies before it still looks good after reapplying.
  4. One of my favorite lip products from Sephora are the Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils. My obsession started with the shade Pomegranate. I even got the set of four, Bite Beauty Best Bite Remix, this past holiday season. These are highly pigmented, moisturizing, and lasts about 4 hours before needing to reapply. 
  5. I have been loving two different lip products from the Sephora Collection line. Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red and Sephora Collection Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color in Deep Plum. They are both easy to apply, highly pigmented, and lasts a good while depending on what I am doing of course. The difference is that the cream lip stain will not transfer at all to anything or anyone, but the luster matte will since it isn't a stain and it has a beautiful sheen. It does leave a little stain on me if I don't reapply for a long time.
My Top YouTube Beauty Girls 
All of these girls I mentioned I have watched all year. Everytime they upload a video I MUST WATCH no matter what I am doing or once I get home from work I watch them first before anyone else. These girls have great reviews and makeup tutorials and great personalities. If you love watching YouTube like me you will love their work.
  • ItsJudyTime- She does first impressions. makeup tutorials, hauls, and tag videos. She also daily vlogs on ItsJudysLife I love watching them too. Thanks to her first impressions at least one product made it to the 2014 favorites.
  • SuperAshley127- Her tutorials man.....AMAZING! I love watching people who do neutral and colorful tutorials on their channel. My recent purchases have been thanks to her tutorials and I actually have been recreating her looks too. She also interacts with her subscribers on all her social media and I love that!
  • EssieButton- I don't know what it is about her, but I love watching her videos especially her trilogy videos like for example her spring trilogy videos. She has beauty, fitness, and random videos. She also has a vlog channel, EssieButtonVlogs, which I love watching as well.
  • KathleenLights- She is another one who I love her tutorials neutral and colorful looks. She does great reviews and unboxing videos. Her saying is "GIRL DAS ESSPENSIVE" I love it. She is the reason why I been wanting to try out all the ELF products.
  • AmandaEnsing- She does amazing makeup tutorials, hauls and reviews. She is another bad influence and will convince you that you need all the amazing highlighters out there.
  • CaseyHolmes- I love how her personality has been showing through this year on her videos. Again she does amazing makeup tutorials, hauls, clothing hauls too, DIY's, and etc. 
  • Shaaanxo- She does awesome makeup tutorials, hauls, clothing hauls as well, tag videos, lip swatches, and etc. Her channel has a little bit of everything. She also has a nice accent!
  • BeautyBuzzHub- I love love watching her reviews. She is always doing them and also lots of hauls, Her friend MrsLolaLynn is another one of my favorites to watch. She also does great reviews, makeup tutorials, unboxing vids, and etc. Their friend ShadesofKassie does the same type of videos and I love watching her as well. Her son is too cute he has been in a few unboxing vids.
  • JamiePaigeBeauty- She is a professional makeup artist and of course she does awesome makeup tutorials, reviews, lip swatch videos, and etc. I loved her 24 Holy Grail Lipsticks videos she did an amazing job on it.
  • AmeliaLiana- She does different types of videos. Makeup tutorials, hauls, reviews, vlogs, and etc. Her accent tho...haha. She is the one who convinced to buy the Sephora Cream Lip Stain.
  • luvlaurenashley- She is a fellow Houstonian like me. She does mostly unboxings, hauls, reviews and sometimes her daughter pops in the videos she's so cute. Her videos are normally short and sweet and straight to the point. 
That is my 2014 Favorites!! Phew! That was a long one I am sorry if it is too long for you!! Of course I have more favorites, but these are the products that I reached for the most. As for YouTubers there are a lot more I could have listed, but these are the ladies I must watch all of their videos. The other Youtubers I love watching certain videos I skip over.

What were some of you guys favorites for the year 2014??! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What is the difference between Chemical & Physical Exfoliants??

 Hey guys!! What is exfoliation for? Your skin regenerates every 28 days or so and sun exposure and aging slows that process down. That is where exfoliation is key. It removes dead skin cells, brighten your skin complexion, and fades acne scars.  Getting rid of your dead skin cells is very important because it can help prevent bacteria, dirt, and sweat from getting stuck underneath the skin's surface. It can also help prevent and treat acne and inflamed pores.  What type of exfoliations are there? There are two types of exfoliations. Physical and Chemical. Physical Exfoliation Physical exfoliation is my least favorite and I do not recommend. Here is why. Physical exfoliant products uses micro-sized grains, beads, and particles to remove dead skin cells. Basically anything that scrubs at your skin like tiny granules. It is made of coffee grounds, walnut shell powder, sugar, rice, and salt. Other examples of physical exfoliation are a cleansing brush, a konjac sponge, a cloth, and a