Skip to main content

March 2015 Empties

Hey guys!!!

I know I still have lots of products to talk to you guys about, but I have lots of empties so I will tell you guys what I used up, what I think of it, and will I repurchase? Here are my empties:






  • Black by Kenneth Cole Lotion- My future sis in law gave me the set with the perfume and the lotion as a gift. I finished up the lotion and it was okay. I had been using it as my hand lotion throughout the day since it is not hydrating enough for my hands. I still have the perfume to use up, but I am almost there. 
  • Klorane Dry Shampoo- I received this in my Birchbox and I was really excited to try this out because I had heard so much great things about it. I ended up LOVING this product and it is my new holy grail dry shampoo. It is a natural dry shampoo with oat milk and it is a tinted one as well. It soaks up the oils and I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair. I will be getting full size in the future.
  • Mary Kay TimeWise Replenishing Serum+C- I had been looking for a nice serum and so far this is the best one. You only need 2-3 small pumps and it sinks into the skin nicely. It is a good serum to get that extra boost of hydration one needs. I will be repurchasing another one soon. 
  • Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation- This is my favorite drugstore foundation. It lasts all day on the skin and it is a matte finish. Now that my skin is combination I am now more interested in matte finishes so the foundations can last on my skin longer and this is a great one. I will repurchase this in the future.
  • Whish Three Wishes Body Butter- I received this in my January Birchbox and I am in love with this. It says it firms, softens, and smooths the skin and I agree. My skin feels great and it really moisturizes my skin. I will get a full size in the future.
  • Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores- I use this at the end of every week and I do feel like it clears my pores, but it does dry out the skin so I make sure I use a hydrating mask as well. HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!
  • Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner- I received this from Influenster and I loved this product while I had it. It was a great eyeliner to work with. It glided on smoothly, lasted all day,and very easy to use. Only thing was that mine dried out once I was halfway finished. I tried to revive the liner, but it didn't work. I probably wouldn't purchase this because I am more into liquid liner honestly, but it was a great liner.
  • Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder- Do I need to say more? HOLY GRAIL setting powder. I was upset when I ran out of this. This doesn't look powdery on my skin and it sets my under eyes without making it crease even more. I am buying the full size during the Sephora sale! Anyone know the date yet??
  • Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover- This is an amazing eye makeup remover and because it is oil based it removes even my waterproof mascara. I will definitely purchase this again.
  • Paris Hilton Perfume- My friend gave me a set of Paris Hilton perfumes and I have my favorites from that set, but this one was not. I decided to use it up so it can leave my collection and I was glad I did.
  • Mary Kay ClearProof Acne Treatment Gel- I really did enjoy this product and I felt like it was doing my skin well, but it was very drying. It was so bad makeup didn't look right on top. I decided to look for something else that won't dry out my skin as much.
  • Maybelline FIT Me Concealer- So far my favorite concealer from the drugstore and yes I did repurchase already. It is very lightweight, blendable, and it only creases a little bit unless you use a good setting powder then it won't.
  • L'OREAL True Match Super Blendable Makeup- This was okay ,but not the foundation for me. It lasted a good amount of the day, but I would always look super oily by the end of the day and it transfers on clothes and other people so I am not repurchasing this product.
  • Clinique Liquid Facial Soap- I got this set from Sephora so I can see if this helps my skin. I used up the Liquid Facial Soap and it is really gentle on my skin and it doesn't break me out. I already purchased the full size.
  • Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2- This toner didn't break me out so I already purchased the full size. So far the Clinique products hasn't irritated my skin or made it worse so we shall see.
  • Maybelline The Rocket Mascara- As you know this is my HOLY GRAIL mascara. I don't need to say more haha.
  • NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner- I actually really enjoyed this eyeliner. I did need to touch up throughout the day, but that's okay. It is $24, but it is so worth it because this lasted me for months and I didn't think it was. I am trying out another and if nothing compares to this then I will repurchase this.
  • ELF Eye Primer- This is a nice primer for the price. I can only use this during winter time because my lids don't get as oily so if you don't have oily eyelids this will be perfect for you.
  • POP Beauty lip gloss- I don't remember the shade name, but it was a pretty pink gloss. It had a weird scent though so I wouldn't repurchase.
Those are my empties. I told you guys it was a lot. What have you guys used up recently?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What are BHA's??

 Hey guys!!! The other day I spoke about AHA's and the different types of AHA's and now it is BHA's.  BHA's(Beta Hydroxy Acids) can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It is oil-soluble so it allows it to penetrate deep into the pores and gently breaks up blockages that clogs your pores. That will help with lessening your acne and less visible pores. If you have blackheads, on your nose especially, it can help getting rid of them without damaging your skin like the Biore pore strips do. Also prevents new ones from forming. It could also help with Keratosis Pilaris(KP) in body washes or even body lotions/butters. BHA's are good for all skin types, but especially oily, acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid Salicylic Acid is the most well known out of all of them. It helps reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping the pores clear. It helps with mild acne, blackheads and whiteheads, can help prevent future breakouts.  Tropic Acid, Tret