Skip to main content

2015 Beauty Favorites: Face

Hey guys!!!

Finally I am getting to writing about my 2015 yearly favorites. I decided that I will split it up this time around because last year my post was so long! I feel like no one read it because of that so I have split it up into Face, Eyes, and Lips. Today will be all about the FACE! 


I didn't find any amazing primers this year that really stood out to me so hopefully in 2016 I can find one. Now on to the rest of the face products.

  • Too Faced Born This Way Foundation- This is one of two holy grail foundations. I love using this especially during the winter time. My skin tends to get dry in some areas and this is great for keeping my face hydrated because of the coconut water that is in the foundation. I am out of this now and I am missing it so much..
  • L'OREAL Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation- Now for the summer I am in love with this foundation. Granted I still get oily, but it keeps me matte for a good part of the day. Once I blot it is good to go. I love the fact that the this line has more yellow undertone shades. 
  • NYX Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer- I never get good sleep during the week and my bags are on fleek everyday especially in the inner corner of my eye. I love using this salmon colored concealer underneath my other concealers because it makes me look more awake. I cannot go without this product anymore and if I don't use it I can tell the difference and regret not using it.
  • Maybelline FIT Me Concealer- This is my holy grail drugstore concealer. It is so lightweight and it is very easy to blend. Most importantly it has good coverage. One trick I learned is to take off the stopper once you can't get anymore product out so you can get the rest of the product out.
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer- I received this from Gen Beauty and I am obsessed with this one. Ultra full coverage and very thick. If you set this concealer aka "bake" then your concealer will not crease, but if not it will crease for sure. 
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder- My favorite setting powder of all time. It sets your makeup beautifully without looking cakey.
  • Milani Rose Powder Blush- The blush shade I have is Coral Cove. This blush is really pigmented that I tap my brush on the product and it is enough for both cheeks. It blends easily so if you accidentally give yourself clown cheeks there is no issues with blending. I actually want the rest of the shades in this line. 
  • CARGO Cosmetics Water Resistant Blush- This blush shade is Los Cabos which is another coral, but it is a shimmery coral and the Milani is a matte one. This blush gives you a beautiful glow and I love it for summer time, but lets be real I wore it today. I don't follow seasons I wear whatever I want whenever I want.
  • Jouer Tint- This blush shade is petal. This one is a pretty pink shade and it is the first tint type product that I tried that I actually love. It is matte and really pigmented. It is actually really easy to work with which I was very surprised about and this is one of my go to blushes if I can't decide which one to use.
  • Benefit Watts Up- This is my go to cream to powder highlighter for everyday. This always helps any highlighter I put on top last all day. Ever since I saw Shaaanxo using it I have been hooked and will always have in my collection.
  • ELF Studio Baked Highlighter- One of my go to highlighters for everyday. I am working on a project pan so I haven't been using it as much, but before that everyday without a doubt. I have the shade Moonlight Pearls and I heard it was a dupe to the Mary-Lou Manizer. The Benefit Watts Up and this ELF highlighter is my holy grail combo to do.
Those are all my favorite face products of 2015. What were some of you guys favorite products from 2015?? Next one will be eyes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What are BHA's??

 Hey guys!!! The other day I spoke about AHA's and the different types of AHA's and now it is BHA's.  BHA's(Beta Hydroxy Acids) can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It is oil-soluble so it allows it to penetrate deep into the pores and gently breaks up blockages that clogs your pores. That will help with lessening your acne and less visible pores. If you have blackheads, on your nose especially, it can help getting rid of them without damaging your skin like the Biore pore strips do. Also prevents new ones from forming. It could also help with Keratosis Pilaris(KP) in body washes or even body lotions/butters. BHA's are good for all skin types, but especially oily, acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid Salicylic Acid is the most well known out of all of them. It helps reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping the pores clear. It helps with mild acne, blackheads and whiteheads, can help prevent future breakouts.  Tropic Acid, Tret